The new Erasmus+ Mobile Apps Website is going online !
We live in a digital era in which students can hardly imagine life without mobile phones and computers. The future will definitely belong to the digital world and there is a pressing need to help students learn how to manage and use all kinds of mobile applications. Therefore, the project was elaborated to respond to the needs of our students to acquire and improve their know-how in terms of developing mobile applications, a skill which they will use even after the school years, no matter what careers they may choose to follow.
The aims of the project are:
- to break the barrier between passive consumption of mobile apps to the active usage of mobile development tools.
- to address the age group of 15-18 year olds in our schools, who are old enough to process this type and amount of information and use it creatively in order to develop apps.
- to provide the necessary framework for teachers and students to work together, share ideas and good practices and learn how to develop mobile applications.
- to find out about the importance of mobile apps in each country and their place in the core curriculum.
- to create lesson plans related to developing apps, as well as practical examples of mobile apps developed by students
- to facilitate intercultural communication and understanding by having students take part in multicultural meetings
- to improve the students‘ knowledge about other European countries, as well as their communication and foreign language skills